6.5 Colour Touchscreen Drive Infotainment System
Quartz-cut Projector Headlights with Jewel-shadow LED Day Running lights
Bicycle production began in Mlada Boleslav Machine Works shortly before the end of 1895. Although the key components were imported, mainly from England, Laurin and Klement used the patriotic brand name Slavia.
The name SLAVIA was also subsequently used for motorcycles. Unfortunately, no proof exists about when the name Slavia was replaced by the L and K symbol.
In any case, the emblem did feature on L and K's first car, the Voituretta, in 1905.
Sometime between 1915 and 1920, Mr. Maglic was entrusted with the design of the stylised head of an Indian with headgear comprising a circular clasp and five feathers. Indian was the nickname popularly used in the 20s to describe the new symbol.
On December 15, 1923, two versions of registered trademarks were filed at the Office for Innovation and Model Registration in Plzen. The first depicted a winged arrow with five stylised feathers with the name ŠKODA in a circle and the second was a winged arrow with three feathers. The arrows in both designs pointed to the right.
The L and K emblem remained on the front grilles of Mlada Boleslav cars until 1926, while the new products bore the ŠKODA emblem alone, as agreed with ŠKODA Co. following a year's cooperation.
These facts are historically related to other rather mysterious stories, describing the origin famous winged arrow which still forms the central part of ŠKODA's emblem.
Since 1993 the company has been using new corporate colours, black and green, thereby giving the trademark even peculiarity.
Even though it is unlikely that the graphic design of ŠKODA's logo was the work of an amateur, its creator is still unknown. However, a number of historical documents tend to indicate that the logo was probably the result of a competition organised by ŠKODA’s technical director in Prague, Dr. Sykora, who initiated plans for the emblem's protection as a trademark.
Logo (3D) with small change in 2010 - reduction of the shadows.
Product symbol which was used from 1994 to 2012.
This logo was used from March 2011 - July 2011.